Roasted acorn squash should have a put on your table this season. It’s simple to make, warming and hearty, and practically nutty in taste.
Acorn squash is frequently ignored when surrounded by its brighter squash cousins. Unlike butternut squash, it’s satisfyingly however not overtly sweet. Like pumpkin, it plays well with autumnal spices, consisting of cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
If you have actually currently had your fill of the other squash ranges this fall, offer acorn squash a shot!
Cut in half and roasted acorn squash makes a magnificently basic side meal. It deserves your Thanksgiving table, however simple sufficient for a routine weeknight supper.
Today, I’m revealing you how to prepare completely roasted acorn squash, with caramelized edges and tender withins. The technique is really comparable to roasted spaghetti squash. Let’s get to it.
How to Prepare Acorn Squash
Step one is to slice your acorn squash in half (securely!) Provided its difficult outside and round shape, acorn squash can be a bit slippery. You’ll require a sharp chef’s knife and a non-slip cutting board, like this one (affiliate links), or you can position a gently wet tea towel under your cutting board to keep it in location.
Start by piercing the squash in the center along an anxiety line. Then, cut through the idea. End up by slicing through the leading part simply beside the stem.
Utilize a big spoon to dig the seeds and stringy bits within, and dispose of those pieces. Or, you can roast the seeds as you would pumpkin seeds. You’ll discover the remainder of the dish listed below!
Watch How to Roast Acorn Squash
Recommended Toppings for Acorn Squash
Roasted acorn squash does not require a great deal of garnishes to be scrumptious. A pat or more of butter uses some welcome richness. As you’ll see in these images, I enjoy topping roasted squash with a light drizzle of maple syrup, and a pinch of cinnamon and salt. For a less predicted choice, leading your acorn squash with pepitas (green pumpkin seeds) toasted with a pinch of chili powder and salt, plus fell apart fried sage leaves.
Select simply a number of complementary tastes for an easy side meal, or a number of for more effect. You can serve acorn squash as a main course if you integrate cheese and entire grains, as you’ll see in my dish for Vegetarian Stuffed Acorn Squash.
Here are some topping ideas:
- Cheese: Goat cheese or Parmesan
- Garlic or ginger
- Honey or maple syrup
- Herbs: Cilantro, fried sage, parsley
- Nuts and seeds: Pecans, pepitas, walnuts
- Spices: Black pepper, cinnamon, chili powder
- Entire grains: Quinoa, wild rice
More Hearty Squash Recipes to Take Pleasure In
Here are a couple of more dishes including acorn squash, butternut squash and spaghetti squash:
- Adrianna’s Spicy Squash Soup
- How to Prepare Spaghetti Squash (The Very Best Method!)
- Roasted Butternut Squash Risotto
- Spaghetti Squash “Pizza” Bowls
- Vegetarian Stuffed Acorn Squash
Please let me understand how your squash ends up in the remarks! I enjoy speaking with you.
Perfect Roasted Acorn Squash
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Prepare Time: thirty minutes
- Overall Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 portions 1 x
- Classification: Side meal
- Technique: Roasted
- Food: American
- Diet Plan: Vegetarian
Find out how to roast acorn squash with this basic dish! When ready correctly, acorn squash can be so scrumptious. Dish yields 4 side portions.
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon great salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a big, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for simple clean-up.
- To prepare the squash, utilize a sharp chef’s knife to slice through it from the idea to the stem. I discover it simplest to pierce the squash in the center along an anxiety line, then cut through the idea, and surface by slicing through the leading part simply beside the stem. Utilize a big spoon to dig the seeds and stringy bits within, and dispose of those pieces.
- Location the squash halves cut side up on the parchment-lined pan. Sprinkle the olive oil over the squash, and spray with the salt. Rub the oil into the cut sides of the squash, then turn them over so the cut sides protest the pan.
- Bake up until the squash flesh is really quickly pierced through by a fork, about 30 to 45 minutes depending upon the size of your squash. Include any wanted garnishes, and serve warm.
Dish adjusted from my Vegetarian Stuffed Acorn Squash.
▸ Nutrition Info
The details revealed is a price quote offered by an online nutrition calculator. It ought to not be thought about a replacement for an expert nutritional expert’s recommendations. See our complete nutrition disclosure here.
Check Out Complete Post https://cookieandkate.com/roasted-acorn-squash-recipe/ .