I generally endured on granola bars in high school. Pre-packaged, too sweet, milk chocolate granola bars at lunch and prior to beach ball practice. Every day. Naturally, I have actually been quite stressed out on granola bars for the previous 10 years.
Then my good friend Sara (whom I fulfilled through the blog site) texted me the active ingredients list for a granola bar and asked for that I recreate them. I rely on Sara’s taste in granola bars and believed I ‘d much better provide these a shot, so I stopped at the nearby Kaldi’s Coffee bar to choose one up.
I made it out to my cars and truck prior to peeling the product packaging. One bite and I was connected. This granola bar differed from any other granola bar I ‘d ever come across. I tasted honey, sea salt, dark chocolate, oats and cinnamon simultaneously– each taste teetered on the edge of frustrating the others yet in some way the amount was completely well balanced. Plus, unlike those packaged, processed granola bars I ‘d matured consuming, these were legally healthy granola bars. I instantly included the active ingredients noted on the back of the bundle to my grocery list and headed to the shop.
It took me 5 attempts to get these granola bars perfect. I believed Kaldi’s granola bars were baked due to the fact that the oats weren’t totally undamaged, however my baked bars were all incorrect. Then I attempted no-bake bars with old-fashioned oats. While the taste was quite area on, the texture of the oats was too disruptive.
Lastly, it struck me to utilize quick-cooking oats– oats that have actually been presented thinner and prepare in about one minute– to get the best texture. Quick-cooking oats did simply the technique and I provided a bag of pre-packaged bars to Sara as a belated birthday present.
I believe you men will value these, too. The bars hold together well, although each batch I have actually made has actually ended up somewhat various. I think the distinctions come down to minor determining inconsistencies in between the batches. For the most firm bars, you may require to spray a couple of more oats into the bowl– enough that you believe it’ll be practically difficult to blend them all in. When you put some arm muscle into it and get those oats blended in, you stay in business.
You may likewise wish to play with the quantity of salt. I have actually been utilizing saltless Trader Joe’s almond butter, which is good and spreadable, plus I can manage the salt material. I like my bars a little salty (and for that reason completely addicting), so I choose the complete 3/4 teaspoon, however you may wish to downsize to match your choices. Do not hesitate to alter the mix-ins, too. Inspect the dish notes for information!
Honey-Sweetened Almond Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Overall Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 14 to 16 bars 1 x
- Classification: Treat
- Approach: No-bake
- Food: Gluten complimentary
Chewy, no-bake, gluten-free granola bars made merely with oats, almonds, almond butter or peanut butter and chocolate chips. This healthy granola bar dish is so scrumptious and simple to make. Homemade granola bars are fantastic to keep on hand for taking a trip or whenever appetite strikes! Dish yields 14 to 16 bars.
- 1 3/4 cups quick-cooking oats (or old-fashioned oats, pulsed briefly in a food mill or mixer to break them up)
- 1 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 2/3 cup mini dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt, to taste (reduction if your almond/peanut butter is salted)
- 1 cup velvety saltless almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Line an 8 to 9-inch square baker with 2 strips of criss-crossed parchment paper, cut to size. In a blending bowl, integrate the oats, almonds, chocolate chips, cinnamon and salt. Blend to integrate.
- In a 2-cup liquid determining cup, ration the nut butter. Leading with 1/2 cup honey and the vanilla extract. Blend up until well combined. If you must, you can carefully warm the liquid mix on the stovetop or in the microwave, however make certain it’s cool prior to you put it into the dry mix (the chocolate chips will melt).
- Put the liquid active ingredients into the dry active ingredients. Utilize a huge spoon to blend them together up until the 2 are equally integrated and no dry oats stay. The drier the mix, the more firm the bars will be, so stir in additional oats if the mix appears damp.
- Transfer the mix to the ready square baker. Utilize your spoon to set up the mix relatively equally in the baker, then utilize the bottom of a flat, round surface area (like a brief, strong drinking glass), covered in a little piece of parchment paper (see image), to load the mix down as securely and equally as possible.
- Cover the baker and cool for a minimum of one hour, or over night. Utilize a sharp knife to slice the bars. For mobility, you can cover specific bars in cling wrap or parchment paper. Bars keep well for a number of days at space temperature level, however I advise keeping separately covered bars in a freezer-safe bag in the freezer for finest taste.
Dish adjusted from Sally’s Baking Dependency and Smitten Cooking Area.
Make it gluten complimentary: Make sure to purchase licensed gluten-free oats.
Make it vegan: Alternative maple syrup for the honey and usage dairy-free chocolate chips.
Make it dairy complimentary: Usage dairy-free chocolate chips.
Modification it up: Do not hesitate to replace sliced, toasted nuts for the chopped almonds, and sliced, dried fruit for the chocolate.
If you enjoy this dish: You’ll likewise enjoy my honey almond granola, maple peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal cookies and gluten-free chocolate chip cookies.
▸ Nutrition Details
The info revealed is a price quote supplied by an online nutrition calculator. It needs to not be thought about an alternative to an expert nutritional expert’s suggestions. See our complete nutrition disclosure here.
Check Out Complete Short Article https://cookieandkate.com/healthy-almond-chocolate-chip-granola-bars/ .