Ever attempted fattoush? When you do, you’ll always remember it! Fattoush salad is a vibrant Lebanese salad that’s breaking with fresh fruit and vegetables, lettuce and mint. It’s revitalizing, crisp and rewarding.
Fattoush is the salad to make if you have random remaining fresh veggies (radish, carrots, tomatoes, cucumber, and so on) and pita bread. You truly can’t fail with the percentages here.
Merely destroy the pita and bake it with some olive oil and salt. You’ll wind up with crisp, toasted Mediterranean croutons.
Fattoush is the Lebanese option for stagnant pita bread, in the exact same method that French toast consumes stagnant bread. Isn’t it wise?
The Very Best Fattoush Salad
Here’s my twist on standard fattoush salad: Rather of making a fundamental lemon dressing, I utilized my fresh mint dressing. The dressing is very simple to make in the food mill, and instills the salad with a lot more scrumptious mint taste. It’s alluring!
How to Serve Fattoush
Fattoush salad is a lovely, snack ideal for warm nights. To make it more of a total meal, leading it with crispy baked falafel. Or, serve it with Lebanese bean salad, or hummus or baba ganoush and toasted pita wedges on the side. It’s likewise an excellent side salad for grilled entrées.
Fattoush Salad Active Ingredients
Secret fattoush salad active ingredients:
- Fresh greens (typically purslane however I advise romaine)
- Toasted torn pita bread
- Fresh mint leaves
- Lemony dressing
- Ground sumac (optional, see listed below)
Fattoush salads are flexible. Include any of these active ingredients:
- Red onion or green onion
- Bell pepper
- Zucchini or yellow squash
- Pitted olives
- Include more protein to your salad by including prepared chickpeas or lentils!
What is sumac?
Sumac is a pinkish-red Middle Eastern spice that tastes tart and nearly lemony. It uses a shock of hot pink color and interesting taste, and I like it. You have actually seen it prior to on my ultra-creamy hummus dish and this Mediterranean sweet potato farro salad.
Sumac is an enjoyable component to have on hand, and I’m pleased I invested 7 dollars for it on Amazon (affiliate link). Nevertheless, if you do not wish to purchase sumac, this salad is still completely scrumptious and delicious without it! So, I have actually made sumac optional in the dish listed below.
Please let me understand how you like this fattoush salad dish in the remarks! It’s the very best fattoush I have actually ever had, and I hope you concur.
Searching for more huge, fresh green salads? Do not miss out on these:
- Strawberry arugula salad with balsamic vinaigrette
- Sliced Greek salad
- Mexican green salad with jalapeño-cilantro dressing
- Vibrant green salad with carrot-ginger dressing
- Italian sliced salad
Fattoush Salad with Mint Dressing
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- Prepare Time: 10 minutes
- Overall Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 salads 1 x
- Classification: Salad
- Technique: Sliced and toasted
- Food: Lebanese
This traditional fattoush salad dish will become your brand-new preferred salad! It’s a flexible salad, and the ideal method to consume those random remaining raw veggies (the quantities offered here are versatile and you can add/substitute any veggies you ‘d like). Dish yields 4 big or 6 to 8 side salads.
- 2 entire grain pitas (7″ size), torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of great sea salt
- 1/2 batch fresh mint dressing (you’ll require 1/2 cup, however make the complete batch since this dressing is excellent to have on hand)
- 8 to 10 ounces fresh romaine lettuce, sliced (about 1 medium head of lettuce)
- 1 big tomato, sliced, or 1 cup quartered cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup quartered and very finely sliced Persian or English cucumber
- 1 cup sliced red onion (about 1 little onion)
- 1/2 cup sliced radish (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup torn fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup fell apart feta (optional)
- Ground sumac, for spraying on top
- To toast the pita: Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. On a big, rimmed baking sheet, toss the torn pita with 2 tablespoons olive oil till gently covered. Sprinkle with salt and bake in the oven till the pieces are really golden and crispy, tossing midway, 8 to 12 minutes. Set the baking sheet aside to cool.
- To prepare the salad: Make the salad impersonating directed and reserved. In a big serving bowl, integrate the sliced lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, onion, radish, mint, optional parsley and feta, and toasted pita.
- Wait till you’re prepared to serve to sprinkle as much as 1/2 cup dressing over the salad. Carefully toss till all of the active ingredients are gently covered in dressing. Serve quickly, and spray specific portions kindly with sumac.
- This salad is finest taken in not long after making, considering that the dressing will wilt the lettuce and soften the pita with time. If you plan to have leftovers, save the salad individually from the dressing, and toss specific salads prior to serving. The salad will keep by doing this, covered and cooled, for as much as 4 days.
Dish developed with referral to Wikipedia.
Make it gluten complimentary: Replacement gluten-free pita bread.
Make it dairy free/vegan: Do not include feta. Vegans, utilize maple syrup rather of honey when making the dressing.
Modification it up: Include prepared, drained pipes chickpeas or lentils to make the salad a square meal.
▸ Nutrition Info
The details revealed is a price quote offered by an online nutrition calculator. It ought to not be thought about a replacement for an expert nutritional expert’s recommendations. See our complete nutrition disclosure here.
Check Out Complete Post https://cookieandkate.com/fattoush-salad-recipe-with-mint-dressing/ .