It’s Kentucky Derby day and it’s 80 degrees outside, so let’s make mint juleps! Mint juleps are revitalizing and boozy mixed drinks typically made with fresh mint, bourbon and basic syrup.
Mint juleps are for bourbon enthusiasts, which is to state that they’re not for you if you do not like bourbon.
My twist on the traditional mint julep dish? I utilized genuine maple syrup rather of basic syrup, which suggests that you do not need to melt sugar into water. Maple mint juleps could not be simpler to make!
Bourbon and maple syrup are a taste pairing made in paradise, and the maple syrup includes another subtle layer of taste.
Mint Julep Active Ingredients
Here’s all you’ll require to make mint juleps in the house:
- Fresh mint leaves (spearmint)
- Maple syrup
- Squashed ice
How to Make Mint Juleps
Here are the basic actions:
- Muddle up some mint in a strong glass.
- Include a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Pour in a generous splash of bourbon.
- Leading it off with great deals of crushed ice and a sprig of mint.
Mint Julep Tips
Squashed ice is finest since it merges the beverage quicker, which is most welcome when you’re drinking bourbon on a hot day. I really stopped at Sonic for a big cup of ice and they kindly required (the plus size offered hardly adequate ice for these 3 beverages).
Usage quality bourbon. I utilized Old Overholt, which is a budget friendly favorite. Bulleit bourbon is great, too.
Carefully clap the sprig of mint prior to garnishing. I understand this sounds insane, however clapping the sprig as soon as in between your hands launches a great deal of the natural oils in the mint, making it more aromatic.
Let’s cheers to the weekend! I have more cold bourbon beverages here, and more naturally sweetened mixed drink dishes here.
Please let me understand in the remarks how these mixed drinks end up for you. I can’t wait to speak with you.
Easy Mint Julep
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Overall Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 mixed drink 1 x
- Classification: Mixed Drink
- Technique: Muddled and stirred
- Food: American
These mint juleps are revitalizing, boozy therefore simple to make! You’ll simply require fresh mint, bourbon, maple syrup and ice. Utilizing maple syrup rather of basic syrup conserves an action. Quantities provided listed below yield 1 mixed drink; make as numerous as you ‘d like in specific glasses.
- 10 fresh mint leaves, plus a mint sprig for garnish
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup, or to taste
- 2 ounces bourbon
- Squashed ice
- Location the mint leaves in the bottom of a strong old-fashioned or rocks glass. Muddle them till the leaves are dark, aromatic and broken down, about 30 seconds.
- Include the maple syrup and bourbon. Fill the glass with crushed ice and stir the beverage for a couple of seconds.
- To garnish, carefully clap the mint sprig in between your palms (this launches the aromatic mint oils). Position it in your glass and serve right away.
Dish approximately adjusted from Alton Brown.
Advised devices: I like this muddler and these old-fashioned glasses (affiliate links).
Recommend bourbon: Old Overholt or Bulleit bourbon.
▸ Nutrition Details
The details revealed is a quote offered by an online nutrition calculator. It ought to not be thought about an alternative to an expert nutritional expert’s recommendations. See our complete nutrition disclosure here.
Check Out Complete Short Article https://cookieandkate.com/maple-mint-julep-recipe/ .